Causes of Psorasis
Causes of Psorasis
Caused by immune system getting mistakenly triggered, Psorasis is a skin disorder where the skin erupts into a reddish scaly rash. It happens such that the skin starts growing at a faster rate than usual. While the natural course takes twenty one to twenty eight days to replace new skin cells, in patients suffering from psoriasis the replacement happens in only about two to six days.
Causes of Psorasis can be:
- Genetic- Genetic researchers have found out that genetic mutation on chromosomes 6 called PSORS-1 has a major effect on causing psoriasis. Further, there are probable nine such mutations which could be the cause of psoriasis in an individual.
- Immune System- Special white blood cells called the T-cells produce antibodies to counter any foreign bodies that enter our body such as bacteria and viruses. But in some cases these cells become overactive and skin cells multiply so fast that they stack up on the surface of the skin giving a scaly appearance. It also itch a lot and thus the reddish colour. The otherwise normal process of T-cells to produce new skin cells to heal takes an abnormal turn and end up producing abnormally large amount of skin cells and chemicals causing inflammation of the skin.
- Skin Injuries like sunburn, viral rashes, aggravated friction from clothes especially in skin folds of the armpits, under the breasts can trigger psoriasis.
- Weather- Exposure to direct sunlight
- Psychological factors like stress is believed to be a trigger for psoriasis flare
- Infections like tonsillitis, tooth abscesses
- Low levels of calcium in the body
- Drugs like Chloroquine used to treat malaria, Lithium used to treat bipolar diseases, ACE Inhibitors like Captopril, Lisinopril, used to treat high blood pressure, Indocin used to treat gout and arthritis and many such drugs can stimulate psoriasis.
If you are suffering from Psorasis treating it at the earliest is your best chance to beat the disease. Find a doctor and work with them in finding the perfect treatment for you. You must also keep in mind that the treatment that works for others might not work for you because of your body adaptations so you have to be open to different treatment options until you find the most suitable regimen for yourself. One such treatment option is Ayurvedic treatment that we are offering at Sanjivani Ayurved Ashram. It is hundred percent natural and involves dealing with your entire body system in order to treat the cause of Psorasis. You will also incur no side-effects!